The NEWOPERA Aisbl members can benefit from:
- Participating as partners to EU Commission co-funded projects promoted by NewOpera Aisbl fulfilling in practice the association objectives.
- Accessing the NEWOPERA Project research, findings, results, innovations and all published NEWOPERA Report books.
- Benefiting from the TIGER – TIGER DEMO –MARATHON – SPIDER PLUS – VIWAS - C4R Projects results in the field of rail/intermodal transport optimization , mobility of freight and passengers with the deployment of advanced technologies for better use of the available resources and the environment protection.
- Sharing the operating innovations implemented in mobility optimization by the projects promoted by NEWOPERA Aisbl and the intellectual property rights deriving thereof.
- Receiving NEWOPERA Aisbl information and research studies developed by the association or by the EU projects managed by NEWOPERA Aisbl.
- Exploiting the opportunity to raise particular issues connected with the improvement of mobility through NEWOPERA Aisbl and to transform such issues when possible in European projects.
- Abating management and cultural barriers existing in Europe which interfere with the creation of a uniform European Rail space.
- Being recognised at European level as members supporting the associations objectives. These collectively constitute a step change from existing work processes/practices, towards a more sustainable European mobility based on rail freight and rail intermodality.
- Supporting modal shift towards more environment friendly modes reducing road congestion, CO2 emissions achieving energy savings and promoting the environment protection
- Becoming part of a European network of industrial, public and private entities, associations, persons and professionals supporting the development of rail mode and in particular the fulfilment of the dedicated/priority rail freight lines concept.
- Supporting the EU Commission and EU Institutions in the adoption of policies towards a more sustainable mobility including TEN T corridors, CEF and SHIFT2RAIL.
- Sharing the benefits of realising effectively the overall mobility optimisation in favour of the European citizens based on advanced technologies, better service at inferior costs having particular attention to the environmental issues.
- Implementing gradually co-modality between the various operators in support of the European Institutions.
- Promoting the exchange of views with other technological platforms for promoting an effective integration of modes for a freight and passengers’ mobility based on co-modality.
Attending NEWOPERA Aisbl meetings in various European venues and by so doing increasing the networking capabilities and aggregation of homogeneous thoughts.